1. Students are to be seated and ready to begin class before the tardy bell.
2. The students will follow all of the rules outlined in the student handbook.
3. Students will refrain from the use of profane and vulgar language.
4. The student will be courteous to the teacher and fellow students at all times.
5. The student will refrain from eating or drinking while in class. Chewing gum should not be seen or heard.
6. The student will get permission to speak or to leave his/her desk.
7. The student will be prepared for class by having the appropriate materials.
8. "Horseplay" will not be tolerated.
1. All students are required to maintain an up to date loose-leaf notebook. Contents will include: a. class rules, b. course outline, c. class work, d. homework, and f. notes. The notebook will be recorded as a test grade. If the grade is an 85 or higher, it can be used to replace one low test grade. The notebook grade will be calculated by averaging selected class work and homework assignments.
2. Only work completed in dark blue or black ink or pencil will be accepted.
3. Only work completed on loose-leaf paper will be accepted.
Tests = 75%
Quizzes, Class Work, Homework, and Lab Activities = 25%
Please note that projects will be recorded as test grades.
TEST MAKE-UP POLICY
1. Students have a maximum of five days to make-up a test.
2. Tests may be made up on Monday or Tuesday after school from 2:45 to 3:15. The student must provide his/her own transportation home. If the student does not drive to school, then his/her ride must pick him/her up no later than 3:15.
3. Tests may also be made up on Wednesday during class with the scheduled test.
4. Tests that are not made up by Wednesday following the missed test day will be recorded as a zero.
|North Carolina Standard Course of Study Goals and Objectives for High School Science found at http://www.dpi.state.nc.us/curriculum|
||Additional textbook resources are available at http://www.glencoe.com|
South Columbus High School
Columbus County Schools